I am not a diesel mechanic but I try to capture what I learn as I work through different issues. I read everything I can find about the early L-Series Tractors. I understand the L175, L210, L225, L225DT, and L260 are essentially the same tractor except for differing engine size. Also the L225/L225DT has a 3 cyl engine and the 225DT has 4 wheel drive components. If you know other wise, let me know. I think the 1969-70 L200 is somewhat like these but didn't have headlights.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Busted Tooth

The starter was making a heinous noise so I had to pull it. One of the drive pinion teeth was broken off. I had to disconnect the hydraulic line that feeds the pump where it connects at the bottom of the hydraulic fluid tank. Naturally that requires draining the hydraulic tank. Off to the auto electric shop tomorrow to see if they have a replacement drive assembly. That and 7.4 quarts of # 140 Turbine oil. By the way, the pinion had 11 teeth. The manual says the OEM starter had 9 teeth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home