I am not a diesel mechanic but I try to capture what I learn as I work through different issues. I read everything I can find about the early L-Series Tractors. I understand the L175, L210, L225, L225DT, and L260 are essentially the same tractor except for differing engine size. Also the L225/L225DT has a 3 cyl engine and the 225DT has 4 wheel drive components. If you know other wise, let me know. I think the 1969-70 L200 is somewhat like these but didn't have headlights.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Trooper

Traffic on the site seems to have picked up lately but I don't know why. Usually it's winter "hard starting" season that brings folks around.

My L210 has been a faultless trooper this spring. Starts on the second or third revolution everytime. Nuts and bolts not rattling loose like they did when I first got it. It's time for an oil change though. It needs new brake pads and new seals on the brake drum shafts too. Time to break out the tools. If there are any tricks to that brake job, I'll tell you how that goes...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am tackling the starter on my L210 again tonight. Found out the hard way about the lead fuses. Brakes are next on the list (now that my charging issue is rectified). Looking forward to hearing how it went. Any suggestions on an auger assembly?

6:04 PM

 
Blogger ironcross11 said...

I have a Howse 9" Auger that's a mechanical unit. I've heard of hydraulic driven units that have a PTO driven pump but I've never seen one. I'm sure they're way more expensive.

I don't think I know what lead fuses are. Is there a secret I need to know about my tractor?

7:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home